For Your Whole Life
At AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Orlando, our gastroenterology experts have the skill and technologies to treat a variety of digestive problems — from heartburn to Crohn's disease to complex cancers. We employ some of the latest and most effective treatments for digestive disorders available. And in keeping with our mission of providing patient-centered health care to our Orange County community, we use education, intervention and continual evaluation to help keep you feeling your best.
Expert Care You Can Trust
- Pinpoint Diagnosis for Better Treatment
Whether you need a routine colonoscopy or more advanced imaging tests to diagnose a gastrointestinal condition, you can trust the team at AdventHealth Orlando. We offer patients a wide range of tests so your provider can find answers and get you started on a path to healing.
Diagnostic tests available include:
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Esophageal and Anorectal Manometry
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
These are just a few of the procedures available at AdventHealth Orlando. Your provider will discuss which diagnostic test will find the answers you need, and get you started on the treatment plan to help you feel better.
- Getting Ready For Your Exam
A medical test or exam can be a stressful time. Your team will go over detailed instructions on what you can expect before, during and after your procedure, including:
- What you can (and cannot) eat or drink before your procedure
- If you need any medication prior to your test, or if you should stop taking certain medicine
- How long the procedure will take
- What will happen during the test
- When you will receive results
- When you can return home
If you have any questions about your procedure, contact your provider’s office.
- Advanced Surgical Care Close to Home
When your treatment plan calls for surgery, take comfort in the experienced care at AdventHealth East Orlando. Our team offers a wide range of surgical approaches, from minimally invasive procedures to complex surgery. Surgical services include:
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Liver Surgery
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Thermal Ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus
- Treating More Than Your Condition
At AdventHealth Orlando, our patients are more than their conditions. That’s why we are committed to working closely with you to help you feel whole and healthy again. We’ll get you started on a treatment plan that meets your needs, and we’ll address your condition – whether it’s heartburn, Crohn’s disease, cancer or something else – from a holistic perspective. We partner with providers across specialties, including nutrition and primary care providers, to address any concern you have.
Dedicated Digestive Specialists
Whether you are just beginning to show signs of a digestive condition or have been treated for one for years, our trusted team of specialists are dedicated to helping you feel whole.
What kind of specialist are you looking for?
Colon and Rectal Care Services
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Warts
- Anorectal Disease
- Bleeding in the Digestive Tract
- Colon & Rectal Cancer
- Diverticular Disease
- Irritable Bowel Disease (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery of the Colon and Rectum
- Polyps of the Colon and Rectum
- Rectal Prolapse
- Screening and Diagnostic Colonoscopy
- TAMIS - TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery
Digestive and Gastrointestinal Services
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Bile Duct Stones
- Bile Duct Stones Management
- Biliary Conditions
- Celiac Disease
- Gastric Balloon for Weight Loss
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Hemorrhoid Band Ligation
- Hepatitis B & C
- Hepatobiliary Diseases
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction
Digestive Health Programs
- Center for Interventional Endoscopy (CIE)
The Center for Interventional Endoscopy (CIE) was created as a state of the art center, integrating therapeutic endoscopy with minimally invasive surgery to provide the highest quality care for patients with complex digestive diseases. The CIE physicians are trained in the most advanced techniques and procedural services available for the treatment of digestive disorders. The CIE team advances collaborative research throughout the world to further the treatment and knowledge of digestive diseases. Our goal is to be a center of excellence, providing world-class clinical care and cutting-edge clinical research.
- Center for Esophageal and Swallowing Disorders
The Center for Esophageal and Swallowing Disorders is the only sub-specialized clinic of its kind in Central Florida. Our expert doctors, specialists and clinicians work closely with other medical specialties to offer you the best possible care. Our patient-centered care focuses on your complete treatment needs. We use the newest and most advanced training, medical tests, methods and treatments to support our goal to provide the most accurate diagnosis and treatment options to help.
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to digestive care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.