At AdventHealth Apopka, formerly Florida Hospital Apopka, we create individualized treatment plans for you designed to promote health and healing — that strive to care for the whole person, not just the injury or disease. Our physical therapists, sports medicine specialists, physicians and other experts are highly experienced in addressing a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, joint pain, sport injuries and more. And we emphasize exercise and activity-modification counseling for the prevention of future injuries.
Our Full Range of Personalized Care
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Designed for You
If you’re recovering from an injury or illness that put limits on how you live your life, we’re ready to help you get back to your old self again. The expert therapists and other professionals at AdventHealth Apopka Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation treat a full range of conditions, including joint pain, orthopedic and sports injuries, balance problems, disability from cancer or cancer treatment, and more.
We can personalize a treatment plan for you that improves your strength, flexibility, and endurance. And we also help you regain another essential part of your life — confidence. With kindness, encouragement, and careful guidance, we help you reach your goals, feel good about your recovery, and get back to the activities you love.
Our new outpatient facility helps us provide innovative, cutting-edge programs to help you both recover and prevent further problems. You may have some of the following outpatient tests, treatments, and therapies:
- Physical Therapy. Our physical therapists use proven movements and exercises to increase your range of motion and minimize your pain. You may have a treatment called electrotherapy, which can improve circulation, reduce pain, and help improve your overall functioning.
- Athletic Training and Sports Medicine. Our sports medicine experts specialize in treating sports injuries and helping you exercise and play sports safely.
- Biomechanical Evaluation and Orthotic Fabrication. This process can identify any dysfunction in your muscles, joints, or movements as you run or participate in a sport. We then create a custom device to correct any misalignments and give you the support you need.
- Exercise and Wellness. We can help you optimize your health and athletic performance with a program of healthy eating and exercise.
- Hand Therapy. This rehabilitation program treats problems with the upper extremities, including the hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, arms, and shoulders.
- Isokinetic Strength Testing. This fitness test measures your strength and muscular endurance.
- Lumbar Stabilization. We help you strengthen the muscles that support your spine with specific exercises.
In some cases, surgery is the first step toward regaining your best movement and function. The skilled surgeons at AdventHealth Apopka are experienced at these procedures:
- Hip Replacement Surgery. Severe hip joint problems can be treated with this surgery. It removes a damaged hip joint and replaces it with an artificial one.
- Limb Salvage Surgery. This procedure is designed to avoid amputation of limbs damaged by injury or disease. It preserves the tendons, nerves, and blood vessels.
We’ll work closely with your surgeon, creating a plan to get you back to feeling your best.
- Speech Therapy
A number of disorders can affect the way you speak, remember, learn, and deal with everyday planning and problem solving. Stroke is often the cause of these problems, and they can also come from traumatic brain injury and neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis. These conditions can also lead to swallowing disorders.
The speech and language therapists at Apopka Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services are ready to help you overcome these issues and reach your best level of function. In some cases that can mean exercises to train the muscles in your tongue, and therapy to improve your language and communication skills. Medications can sometimes help, and people with swallowing disorders may benefit from changes in their diet.
We aim to return you to the life you want to live. And we get you there with kindness, empathy, and love.
- Occupational Therapy
When injury or illness step into your life, the limits they put on your independence can be frustrating and damaging to your self-esteem. Our occupational therapists are here to help guide you back to functioning on your own.
Your occupational therapy team will work with your physician to design a plan specifically for you. We’ll help you relearn skills such as bathing, dressing, grooming, cooking, and homemaking. Occupational therapy can also help you process information and improve your judgement and memory. In addition, our hand-therapy specialists can help improve your dexterity.
Occupational therapy can open your world back up to activities you thought were behind you. We’re dedicated to making that happen for you.
- Start on Your Road to Wellness — Get in Touch Today
AdventHealth Apopka Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation is located in the heart of Apopka, with convenient parking close by. To learn more or to make an appointment, contact us today at Call407-889-1000 .
Rehabilitation Services We Offer
Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
Sports injury treatments and services to prevent injuries related to sports and exercise
Biomechanical Evaluation and Orthotic Fabrication
The identification of muscle, joint or movement dysfunction and the creation of custom devices that correct alignment or provide support
Exercise and Wellness
Optimizing health and athletic performance through exercise and eating habits
Hip Replacement Surgery
A surgical procedure that removes a damaged hip joint and replaces it with an artificial joint
A type of rehab that treats the upper extremities including the hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, arms and shoulders
Isokinetic Strength Testing
A fitness test that measures strength and muscular endurance
Conditions We Treat
- Avascular Necrosis
- Back Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain
- Orthopedic Injuries
A Customized Playbook
It can be a difficult balancing act: You want to re-engage in your active life. But you also need to take the time to heal. We're here to help you stay on a safe and steady course to recovery. Using your customized care plan as their guide, our multidisciplinary team will connect you to the medical professionals, community resources, and local support services you need to help you get back to doing all the things you love.