What is Home Care?
Home care provides treatment for an illness or injury that has made it difficult for you to leave your home. It helps you recover, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible in the comfort of home.
If you have a temporary to chronic or long-term health issues, home care provides qualified medical clinicians who work with you on your path to better health.
Our clinical team works with you and your doctor to evaluate your health care needs and develop your plan of care.
Guiding You Back to Feeling Whole
- How do I Get Home Care Services?
It’s been a long road. But you are making strides. And you’re almost there. Let us help you cross the finish line with home care services that boost your strength, function, comfort and confidence.
- Skilled Nursing
- Skilled Physical Therapy
- Skilled Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Social Services
- Home Health Aide Services
- What does Home Care Cost?
Home care services are covered 100% by Medicare and major health insurance plans for qualified patients. Call us to find out about your specific Medicare or Commercial Insurance home health care coverage at Call407-691-8202 .
- What is Homebound?
Although it is true that Medicare requires an individual to be “homebound” to receive home care services, the definition of home bound has changed and is now much more broad.
An individual does not have to be bedridden or confined to their home to be considered homebound. The Medicare definition states that occasional absences from the home for non-medical purposes (a trip to the barber, a walk around the block or a drive) will not necessarily disqualify a beneficiary from being classified as homebound. However, the absences must be infrequent or of a relatively short duration.
Other conditions that classify patients as homebound and eligible for home care services include:
- Beneficiaries may be temporarily homebound due to being recently released from the hospital following surgery, or who may be suffering from resulting weakness and pain, and whose activity is restricted by their physician to certain specified, limited activities (such as getting out of bed only for a specified period or walking stairs only once a day)
- Beneficiaries will be considered homebound if they have an illness or injury that restricts their ability to leave their residence except with the aid of supportive devices (canes, wheelchairs and walkers), special transportation or another person. Beneficiaries with conditions for which leaving home is medically contraindicated are also considered homebound.
- Health Coach at Home
We employ a unique model called Health Coaching which focuses on your health issues and goals.
Our Health Coach at Home model empowers you to make healthy lifestyle changes. Health coaches emphasize the importance of managing the whole person. As a team, we help patients:
- Understand their diagnosis
- Identify obstacles to change
- Become motivated to actively manage their health
- Implement new lifestyle choices
- Learn self-care skills
- Be inspired to adhere to treatment plans
Programs and Services
In-Home Specialty Programs
- Bladder Health
- Medication Compliance Education
- Memory Care
- Rehab at Home
- Sight Assist
- Wound Care
Chronic Disease Programs
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Management
- Diabetes Management
- Heart Failure Management
- Fall Risk
- Reality Comprehension Clock Test