To help COVID-19 patients who are at high-risk of becoming very sick from the virus, AdventHealth has opened three outpatient clinics across Central Florida to provide another innovative treatment: monoclonal antibody therapies.
These monoclonal antibody therapies can help keep COVID-19 patients from getting so sick they need to be admitted to the hospital or become intubated in the intensive care unit.
Monoclonal antibody treatments are for those who have who have tested positive for COVID-19 and had mild-to-moderate symptoms within the past 10 days and are at high risk for progressing to a more severe case. To qualify, patients must be referred by a physician and must also have a high-risk factor such as diabetes, heart disease or obesity.
Monoclonal antibodies are proteins that mimic the immune system’s ability to fight the virus. This type of treatment became widely known when President Donald Trump received this therapy after contracting COVID-19 in October 2020. To learn more about the science of monoclonal antibodies for COVID-19, click here.
The monoclonal antibody therapies available at AdventHealth’s outpatient clinics include:
Based on clinical trial evidence, monoclonal antibody combination therapies are likely to result in fewer treatment-emergent resistant variants when compared with single drug monoclonal antibody therapy.
Community members with questions about monoclonal antibody treatments can call the AdventHealth Coronavirus Information Line at 877-VIRUS-HQ Call877-847-8747).
To refer patients to an AdventHealth monoclonal antibody clinic in Central Florida:
Lake County’s Tavares location:
Orange County’s Orlando location:
- Community providers: call Call407-303-7197 or submit the physician order form.
- AdventHealth Medical Group providers: send referrals through Athena
- Order name: Regeneron Infusion Therapy Referral AIC ORL
- AdventHealth Centra Care providers: send referrals through Cerner
- Order name: Referral for Monoclonal Antibody Infusion
Volusia County’s Orange City location:
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]