Fla., — LEESBURG, Fla., April 22, 2020 — AdventHealth is continuing to expand its community COVID-19 testing in Central Florida and announces the following new locations and launch dates:
- Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee will open Thursday
- Lake-Sumter State College in Leesburg will open Friday
- Posner Park in Davenport will open Tuesday, April 28
- Flagler/Palm Coast campus of Daytona State College on April 29. This location is a partnership with the Flagler County Health Department. That location will be a continuation of testing that the department began but will transition to using saliva testing and AdventHealth’s online registration system.
“Making tests available is one of the most important things we can do to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe,” said Dr. Scott Brady, president and CEO of AdventHealth Centra Care. “We’re asking people to stay home and practice social distancing, so bringing testing closer to where they live is essential. We are grateful for our public and private partners for helping make these sites possible.”
Registration is highly encouraged and those who meet the criteria and wish to be tested should visit AdventHealthCoronaVirusTesting.com prior to arrival.
The tests will be available to anyone who has symptoms or anyone who has had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, even if they are not currently experiencing symptoms. Those who wish to be tested do not need a doctor’s order prior to arrival. There are no out-of-pocket costs, regardless of insurance status. AdventHealth will cover the cost of those who are uninsured. The test consists of coughing and spitting into a cup.
Each site’s hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 2 pm The Leesburg and Kissimmee sites will also be open this weekend from 9 am to 2 pm.
Results can be expected in approximately two to three days. Those tested will receive a text message with instructions on how to retrieve the results. Those who test positive will receive a call from a nurse to review the results and provide care instructions.
AdventHealth has tested more than 18,000 people in its hospitals and Centra Care urgent care facilities — more than any other health care system in Florida, according to the Florida Division of Emergency Management. The drive-up testing sites are operated by AdventHealth Lab and AdventHealth Centra Care.
AdventHealth is thankful to partners at all the locations for their support in providing this public service.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]