Embrace Life's Next Adventure
When you feel healthy, every day is an adventure. At AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, your team of gastroenterologists and other digestive health specialists will help you feel whole again, delivering compassionate care for a wide range of digestive disorders. When you visit one of our fully equipped endoscopy suites, you’ll find a caring team and advanced treatment options to support your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Whatever your condition — acid reflux, heartburn, Crohn’s disease, ulcers, or other GI problems — we’re here to help relieve your symptoms, restore your peace of mind, and keep your spirits high, so you can embrace life’s next adventure.
That Supports Every Part of You
- Compassionate Digestive Health Care Specialists
If you’re living with a digestive disorder, you might not feel like yourself all the time. We’re here to help you feel better, so you can get back to living a full and vibrant life. At AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, our compassionate and skilled gastroenterologists, specialized nurses, and support staff are equipped with the knowledge, technology, and advanced treatment options to deliver care that supports your body, mind, and spirit. Our team specializes in the treatment of digestive disorders, including chronic conditions like celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and Crohn's disease. Because the first step of your wellness journey is a fast and accurate diagnosis, we use advanced diagnostic technology, including:
- Diagnostic Cancer Screenings
- Diagnostic Fluoroscopy of the Digestive Tract
- Diagnostic Radiology
Your digestive health is in good hands. We're committed to helping you feel whole again, so your most active, adventurous days are still within reach. To take a colon cancer risk assessment or explore our interactive disorder guide, see here.
- Treating a Range of Digestive Issues
Not all stomach pain is the same. Digestive problems can often have similar symptoms. We want to treat anything that's bothering you internally. That's why we diagnose and offer treatments for an extensive range of digestive disorders, including:
- Anorectal Disorders
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Benign Colon Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Reducing Your Cancer Risk With Leading Care for Barrett’s Esophagus
Barrett’s esophagus is highly treatable, but it can cause cause pain and discomfort. It can also increase your risk of developing esophageal cancer. The digestive health specialists at AdventHealth Palm Coast are here to help you reduce your cancer risk and get back on the path to whole-person wellness.
Our Flagler County hospital is equipped with leading treatment options for Barrett’s esophagus, including the Halo procedure. This innovative and minimally invasive care technique has a shorter recovery time and a lower risk of complications than traditional procedures, since it leaves the esophagus intact by removing only the top layers of its lining. We’ll make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed during the treatment, and help you manage any minor side effects you might experience temporarily afterward. Your comfort and wellness are our priority.
- Leading Treatments for a Life of Whole-Person Wellness
Whether your digestive disorder can be cared for at home or requires a procedure, trust your compassionate care team at AdventHealth Palm Coast to help you discover the best options for you. We’re right here beside you, keeping you informed and helping you find relief. You want to get back to your normal routine as soon as possible, so we use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible, leading to shorter recovery times and less scarring. These include robotic and laparoscopic procedures.
Our commitment to your safety and care in our outpatient unit has earned us a certification from the ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program (EURP). That means you can expect the very best in digestive and endoscopy care from a highly credentialed and experienced staff. At our fully equipped endoscopy suites in Palm Coast, we use leading techniques to care for digestive problems, including:
- Abdominal Resection
- Argon Plasma Tissue Coagulation — An endoscopic procedure that uses argon gas and an electric current to control bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract
- Colorectal Cancer Treatments — We use a variety of methods to care for colorectal cancer depending on its stage, size, and location, including surgery and medications
- Doppler-Guided Hemorrhoid Therapy
- Endoscopic Foreign Body Removal of the Upper and Lower Digestive Tract
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) — A procedure that combines endoscopy and X-rays to examine and treat issues with the pancreas and bile ducts
- Esophageal and Biliary Dilation and Stenting
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy — A type of endoscopy that lets your care team diagnose and treat issues with your gastrointestinal tract
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Rectal Cancer Surgery — A procedure that aims to remove rectal cancer through incisions in the lower abdomen
- Stomach, Rectal, and Colon Polypectomy — A relatively quick and non-invasive procedure that removes polyps
- Therapeutic Radiology Interventional Support — A collection of radiology procedures that can care for various types of cancer
- Thermal Ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus — An endoscopic technique that uses heat energy to remove the abnormal lining in the esophagus
Your Digestive Care team will be by your side at every turn, caring for you in body, mind, and spirit. Find the path to whole-person wellness at AdventHealth Palm Coast.
- Proactive Care With Regular Preventative Screenings
Staying on the path to wellness is easier with a proactive approach to care. The digestive health specialists at AdventHealth Palm Coast will guide you with regular health checkups, including preventive cancer screenings. If you’re over 50 or have other risk factors, such as a family history of colon cancer, your Digestive Care team may recommend you come in for regular colonoscopy screenings. Trust us to keep you comfortable and informed during the procedure, and find the peace of mind you need to enjoy a life of whole-person wellness.
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to Digestive Care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.