This healthful and balanced milkshake can be enjoyed with breakfast, as a snack, or as a satisfying dessert. It provides a balanced mix of protein and healthy fats from the peanut butter, as well as fiber-rich complex carbohydrates from the banana and dates. The rich, chocolaty cocoa powder is loaded with polyphenols that keep cells healthy and the spinach is a great way to boost nutrition without hardly noticing it’s there.
- 16 ounces milk or unsweetened plant-based milk of your choice
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 chopped frozen bananas*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1-2 dates, pitted or 2-3 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1-2 cups ice (optional)