Vaccine Experts Dedicated to You
Nothing is more important to us than you. And with something as important as a coronavirus vaccine, we want to make sure you’re informed at every step, hearing from health care experts who put you first.
At AdventHealth, you have a team of medical experts and scientific community members dedicated to providing you with accurate, timely and easy-to-understand information about a coronavirus vaccine.
Composed of infectious disease experts, epidemiologists, researchers and other health care leaders, the AdventHealth Scientific Committee regularly reviews the latest vaccine data and findings from state and local authorities and the scientific community as a whole. Our goal is to distill this information into easily-understandable updates that ease your mind — all with your health and safety as our top priority.
Coronavirus Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can receive the vaccine?
- Can my child/older loved one get the vaccine? Is there an age limit?
- Is the vaccine safe for adults and children? What if I’m immunocompromised, have a chronic condition, am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- It seems the vaccines were developed very quickly. How can we know they are safe?
- I’m concerned that if I get vaccinated, I’ll be unable to have a child. What affect do the vaccines have on fertility?
- The vaccines have only been in wide use for a year or less. How do we know there won’t be long-term side effects?
- Will the vaccine protect against new variants of COVID-19?
- Do I still need to social distance/wear my mask/wash my hands if I’ve had the vaccine?
- Is the vaccine 100% effective? Am I guaranteed I won’t get COVID-19 if I have the vaccine?
- How is the vaccine given?
- Do I have to receive both doses for the vaccine to work?
- How quickly does the vaccine immunity take effect?
- What are the possible side effects of the vaccine? Do children experience similar side effects?
- Will I feel sick after the vaccine like some people do after the flu shot?
- I heard there’s different kinds of vaccines – how do I know which one to get? Which one is best for me or my child?
- What’s in the vaccine?
- Are there other vaccines I can get that will protect me from COVID-19? Will the flu vaccine prevent COVID-19?
- I already had COVID-19. Do I still need to get the vaccine?
- Will booster shots for the coronavirus vaccine be needed?
- Does my booster vaccine need to be the same brand as my initial vaccine?