Vaccine Experts Dedicated to You
Nothing is more important to us than you. And with something as important as a coronavirus vaccine, we want to make sure you’re informed at every step, hearing from health care experts who put you first.
At AdventHealth, you have a team of medical experts and scientific community members dedicated to providing you with accurate, timely and easy-to-understand information about a coronavirus vaccine.
Composed of infectious disease experts, epidemiologists, researchers and other health care leaders, the AdventHealth Scientific Committee regularly reviews the latest vaccine data and findings from state and local authorities and the scientific community as a whole. Our goal is to distill this information into easily-understandable updates that ease your mind — all with your health and safety as our top priority.
Is the Coronavirus Vaccine is Safe for You?
Dr. Vincent Hsu and Dr. Steven Smith answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the vaccine including safety, efficacy and prioritization.
Coronavirus Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can receive the vaccine?
- I want to receive the vaccine. Is there a waitlist I can sign up for?
- Can my child/older loved one get the vaccine? Is there an age limit?
- Is the vaccine safe? What if I’m immunocompromised, have a chronic condition, am pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Will the vaccine protect against new variants of COVID-19?
- Do I still need to social distance/wear my mask/wash my hands if I’ve had the vaccine?
- Is the vaccine 100% effective? Am I guaranteed I won’t get COVID-19 if I have the vaccine?
- How is the vaccine given?
- Do I have to receive both doses for the vaccine to work?
- How quickly does the vaccine immunity take effect?
- What are the possible side effects of the vaccine?
- Will I feel sick after the vaccine like some people do after the flu shot?
- I heard there’s different kinds of vaccines – how do I know which one to get? Which one is best? Safest?
- What’s in the vaccine?
- Are there other vaccines I can get that will protect me from COVID-19? Will the flu vaccine prevent COVID-19?
- I already had COVID-19. Do I still need to get the vaccine?