Get to Know Our City of Rome
Located in Northwest Georgia, just one hour from Atlanta and Chattanooga, Rome offers access to big-city amenities and proximity to some of the most beautiful locations for outdoor recreation in the United States.
With little traffic, a low cost of living, miles of hiking trails, riverways, vibrant seasons and mild winters — as well as three major colleges and some of the best schools in Georgia — Rome provides a quality of life that benefits families and professionals alike.
A Vibrant Resident Life
- Academic half days
- Administrative half days
- Annual holiday party
- Golden weekends
- Monthly sponsored events
- Quarterly wellness events
- Rome Braves Minor League Baseball Redmond nights
Explore Everything Rome Has to Offer
As a medical resident here in Rome, you’ll be able to explore this special part of Georgia and experience activities for all four seasons, like:
- Cheering on the Rome Braves minor league baseball team
- Competing in one of Rome’s many races, triathlons, tennis, golf and biking events
- Enjoying the nightlife on Broad Street in downtown Rome
- Hiking the hills surrounding Rome and the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Kayaking down the Coosa River
- Listening to the glorious music of the Rome Symphony Orchestra, the oldest symphony in the south
- Touring one of three 18-hole golf courses
Why Physicians Choose Rome
Proximity to Major Cities
We’re just a one-hour drive from Atlanta and Chattanooga and a two-hour drive from Birmingham and Nashville.
Quality of Life
Minimal traffic and a cost of living that’s below the national average ease the stresses of modern life.
Robust Higher Education
Rome is home to three major colleges and universities.