Health Care With Heart
When it comes to your heart health, you want certainty and the confidence that comes from knowing you are getting the best cardiac care available. At AdventHealth Zephyrhills, formerly Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, we provide that best-in-class heart care. Our hospital has been named One of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care by The Women's Choice Award and is ranked in the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Intervention in 2019 by Healthgrades. We combine a whole-person approach to care, which centers on creating a healthy lifestyle plan that's customized to your emotional and physical needs, with the latest heart disease treatments, technologies and advanced research. Here, you can be certain of both quality cardiac care and unwavering compassion.
To Create a Heart-Healthy Future
- Providing Heart-Health Education and Screenings
Your future depends on the choices you make now. This is true in everything you do, including your health. At AdventHealth Zephyrhills, formerly Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, we know you want to live a long and joyful life, so we start your care journey with a risk assessment that takes place in our hospital. Together, we'll discuss your lifestyle, family history, and other factors. We’ll evaluate your chances of heart disease and create a customized whole-person heart care plan that incorporates the needs of your body, mind and spirit.
Possible heart health risk factors include:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Blood Pressure or Cholesterol
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Conditions
In addition to doctor evaluations, we offer rich resources like classes and community events that teach strategies for greater health. These may include nutrition classes, help with quitting smoking, and our monthly Heartbeat Support Group, for those affected by heart disease and/or atrial fibrillation. We also offer Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation to help patients with heart, lung or vascular disease improve their health and quality of life. And each February, we celebrate MEGA Heart Month with physician health talks, free heart screenings, cooking demonstrations, and CPR presentations. Our goal is your goal: to reduce your risk of heart issues while energizing your body and elevating your mind and spirit.
- Getting Answers Through Diagnosis
You know when something isn't right. Perhaps you've been tossing and turning at night, feel your heart racing or have chest pain. Whatever your discomfort, you deserve answers. Our board-certified cardiologists and electrophysiologists provide them by walking with you through a series of tests. To start, they'll conduct an initial screening to diagnose your condition.
Your initial screening may include the following tests:
- Blood Tests
- CT Scans
- Lipid Profile Tests
- Stress Tests
After your screening, we'll work with you to create a personalized care plan that speaks to your whole-person health, addressing the needs of your heart while establishing the spiritual and emotional supports that help you heal.
- Treating a Range of Cardiovascular Conditions
Your heart controls so much of your wellness. We want to help you keep your heart healthy and, if necessary, provide heart disease treatments. At our hospital, we treat a range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Aneurysm Repair
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Blood Clots
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Heart Attack and Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Limb Salvage
- Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Valve Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Delivering Advanced Technologies and Effective Treatments
When it comes to your heart health, you want two things above all: advanced technology and expert, effective heart disease treatments. At AdventHealth Zephyrhills, we give you both. Our dedicated Electrophysiology (EP) lab uses 3D mapping to quickly pinpoint the type and source of abnormal heart arrhythmias, and our Rapid Response Chest Pain team responds to heart conditions in 90 minutes or less. We're also home to two cardiac-catheterization suites and an accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). And our respiratory therapists are on hand to test your blood oxygen levels and make sure you're breathing properly.
Other advanced heart disease treatments we offer include:
- Ablations and 3D Mapping
- Catheterizations: Diagnostic and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (balloons and stents)
- Coronary and Peripheral Stenting
- EKOS and Acute Myocardial Infarction Stenting
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Interventional Radiology
- Respiratory Testing and Therapy
And we don't stop at your physical health. Our whole-person approach to care addresses the needs of your heart, while also providing compassionate support that boosts your mind and spirit. We encourage loved ones to visit and we provide quiet religious and meditative spaces that are open 24 hours a day. We also have a dedicated Heartbeat Support Group in our AdventHealth Wellness Center at Zephyrhills available for people who experience heart disease or atrial fibrillation. Whatever your needs, we're here for you.
- Extended Cardiac Care
After a traumatic heart event — like a heart attack or heart failure — or a new heart disease diagnosis, we want to help you enjoy the highest quality of life possible. Count on our dedicated cardiopulmonary rehabilitation team to create a personalized program to help you manage your symptoms, boost your physical condition and help make daily activities easier. Our programs have three phases:
- Phase I helps those who have experienced a heart attack, congestive heart failure, or a heart surgery procedure. This phase is focused on educating you while you're still in our care and preparing you for life outside of our hospital.
- Phase II is an outpatient program dedicated to guiding you through exercise sessions on equipment including treadmills, bikes, rowing machines, steppers, and more. We'll also help educate you on nutritional and lifestyle changes.
- Phase III focuses on maintenance and helps you continue to promote your heart health with exercise and custom training plans.
To learn if you are eligible or to get started, call Call 813-788-0411 , ext 1420.
- Improving Lives With Award-Winning Cardiovascular Care
There's a reason so much of life's beauty — art, poetry, love — references the heart. A healthy heart is at the core of everything you do, from walking in the park to writing a letter. For these reasons and more, you want a team you can trust, including cardiologists, surgeons, and nurses who are at the top of their field. You can feel confident knowing our exceptional commitment to your health and safety has been recognized with various distinctions, including:
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Named one of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Stroke Centers, and Patient Safety by the Women’s Choice Award, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Named among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019) by Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke in 2019 by Healthgrades
- Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Target Stroke Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
- Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
Our greatest reward, however, is saving and improving lives. We win when you win.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program at AdventHealth Zephyrhills is designed to help patients with heart, lung or vascular disease to improve their health and quality of life. Our individually-tailored programs involve medically supervised exercise, with access to programs for smoking cessation, nutrition counseling, psychological counseling and physical and occupational therapy. Benefits of the program include:
- Reduced disease or condition symptoms
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Decreased need for hospitalization
- Improved physical condition
- Increased exercise tolerance
- Increased ability to carry out daily activities
- Prolonged survival from cardiac conditions
- Improved quality of life
How Our Program Works
The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program at AdventHealth Zephyrhills is a three-phase program designed to meet the individual needs of every patient. Every patient who enters the program will undergo a comprehensive review including, medical, dietary, psychological, lifestyle history, health needs and goals. Our team of specially trained nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and dietitians collaborate with our patients’ and their physicians to develop a successful individual rehabilitation plan.
Phase I Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
For patients who have suffered a heart attack, been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, or have had a cardiac catheterization or angioplasty procedure, physicians may order cardiopulmonary rehab during their hospital visit. These hospital patients receive education on heart attack and congestive heart failure signs and symptoms, cardiovascular risk factors, and salt and sodium restrictions.
Phase II Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Once the patient is discharged, Phase II begins on an outpatient basis. Patients who participate in our Phase II program benefit from supervised and monitored exercise sessions. These exercise sessions take place in the hospital's cardiopulmonary rehabilitation suite on the hospital's first floor. Exercise equipment includes treadmills, bikes, steppers, rowing machines, arm pulleys, arm ergometers and NuSteps for workouts. Patients continue to receive education about cardiovascular risk factors and the importance of nutrition and exercise in maintaining good heart health.
Phase III Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Maintenance Program
Phase III is a cardiopulmonary rehab maintenance program designed to give participants a place to continue their exercise and keep their heart healthy under the supervision of the hospital's team. Participants work at their own pace in a non-competitive, friendly environment. Custom exercise plans are available upon request. There are no membership fees for Phase III and, if not covered by insurance, the cost is only $4.50 per visit.
Eligibility and Insurance Coverage
Patients who have experienced any of the following conditions may benefit from cardiopulmonary rehabilitation:
- Stable angina
- Angioplasty or stent replacement
- Acute myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Open heart surgery
- COPD – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Chronic bronchitis
If you have any of the above conditions you may be a good candidate for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. Participation does require a physician’s referral. Most insurance plans cover cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services.
For more information about the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program at AdventHealth Zephyrhills, call Call 813-788-0411 x1420 .
For Your Whole Life
Breaking down barriers to better heart health. That’s what multidisciplinary care means to us. Our Care Coordinators can connect you to the local nutrition, exercise, and surgical experts who can help you feel better and feel whole as you continue your journey to wellness. From helping with medication management to supporting your rehabilitation progress, our approach to care is simple: We’re here to help you get from where you are now to where you want to be.