To Live the Life You Love
You love to approach each day with strength and confidence. At AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, we’re here to help you regain your vibrant, independent life. We offer outpatient rehabilitative services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. We also have a comprehensive in-patient rehabilitation unit that’s fully certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Our in-patient unit features Independence Square, a one-of-a-kind physical rehabilitation area that models several real-life environments so you can work on the skills you use in everyday life — like getting around your apartment, visiting the grocery store or pharmacy, and navigating curbs and uneven sidewalks. In both in-patient and outpatient settings, you work with a team of highly skilled physicians, physical therapists, rehab specialists, and speech therapists to create a treatment plan that’s right for you. We work hard to help you regain freedom in body, mind, and spirit.
There's a Team of Specialists on Your Side
- The Screenings to Keep You Active and Maximize Your Potential
Your body is a finely tuned machine. It can run, jump, bend, and reach. We’re here to help you make sure you can do all those things for many years to come. Part of our whole-person approach to care is helping you prepare for a future full of energetic days. If something doesn't feel right, or if you want to be proactive about your well-being, the team at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, offers a number of screenings to help you identify potential health concerns before they turn into serious issues, including:
- Bone Densitometry (DXA) Scans
- CT Scans
- Diagnostic X-Rays
- Leading-Edge, In-Patient Rehabilitation Care
When getting back on your feet requires a helping hand, you can rely on the experts at AdventHealth Tampa. Our Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is fully certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This 30-bed unit provides dedicated care and support to nearly 600 people every year. Whether you’re recovering from a stroke, surgery, spinal cord injury, or car accident, a team of expert physical therapists and other physical rehab specialists will be by your side at every turn.
You’ll have access to some of the most-advanced physical rehabilitation treatments available, including Nintendo Wii gaming systems to help improve your motor skills and mobility. Depending on your needs and goals, you may journey toward recovery in Independence Square. This unique physical rehabilitation facility duplicates real-world environments to get you comfortable with the activities you do every day — from getting in and out of the car to walking to the mailbox and shopping for groceries.
You have goals. Lean on us to design a personalized physical rehabilitation plan to help you reach them — and help you reclaim your active, vibrant life.
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Sometimes you need help strengthening your body in your recovery, but don’t need the 24/7 services of in-patient physical rehab. When that’s the case, choose our outpatient rehab center. At our Outpatient Therapy Center, you’ll work closely with expert physical therapists and other specialists to design a personalized rehabilitation plan that meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals. Our multidisciplinary approach to care means you have access to some of the most comprehensive rehabilitation treatments and services, including:
- Occupational Therapy – to help you regain fine motor skills and coordination and re-learning essential skills for daily living following issues with strokes, Parkinson’s disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
- Physical Therapy – to help you rediscover strength, flexibility, mobility, and range of motion as you overcome orthopedic injuries, vestibular disorders, arthritis and joint pain, and more.
- Speech Therapy – to help evaluate and treat speech, language, cognition, and swallowing disorders.
If your rehabilitation needs require more specialized care, we offer a vast array of specialty programs and treatments, including:
- Amputee Services
- Comprehensive Lymphedema Management
- Hand Therapy
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) Program for Help Re-Learning Everyday Activities
- Lee Silverman BIG and LOUD Therapy Programs for Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, and More
- McKenzie Method Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy for Back, Neck, and Extremity Issues
- Neurological Disorders Therapy
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Health and Rehabilitation
- Rheumatologic Conditions Care
- Traumatic Brain Injury Care
- Vestibular and Balance Disorders Management
You never have to face recovery alone. At every turn, we provide the comprehensive care and support to help you stride confidently toward whole-person wellness.
- Sports Rehab Treatment Trusted by the Professionals
Our rehabilitation unit has been fully certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the gold standard for rehabilitation facilities in North America. This means you can trust us to give you the best possible care. As the only Outpatient Therapy Center in Tampa Bay offering both Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) for speech communication (LSVT LOUD) and physical/occupational therapy (LSVT BIG) therapy programs, we're proud to provide these clinically-proven methods of treating patients with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and other conditions including aging, stroke, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and Down’s syndrome.
A Customized Playbook
It can be a difficult balancing act: You want to re-engage in your active life. But you also need to take the time to heal. We're here to help you stay on a safe and steady course to recovery. Using your customized care plan as their guide, our multidisciplinary team will connect you to the medical professionals, community resources, and local support services you need to help you get back to doing all the things you love.