Wellness and Immune Health: A Virtual Cooking Class Series
- Cost: $0 - $19
- Event Type: Class
- You may attend individual classes in the series or sign up for all four at a reduced rate.
- Recipes will be emailed several days in advance to each participant.
- We encourage you to cook along with Lisa during this interactive virtual class.
- The recipes will be primarily plant-based and gluten-free friendly with some optional animal proteins or optional dairy – variations will be suggested. For more information about the recipes or if you have any food allergies/sensitivities, please contact instructor for more information ([email protected]).
- We will email you a Zoom link to access the class the day of the class.
Whether you’re wanting to explore nutritional strategies for alleviating a chronic health condition, hoping to bolster your immune system or are simply interested in using food as medicine to prevent illness, this series is for you! In this four-week virtual Culinary Medicine series, you will be guided by dietitian and chef Lisa Markley in the kitchen where she will help you build your own culinary pharmacy and will walk you through how to implement evidence-based nutrition recommendations and culinary techniques for achieving optimal health. Each class will feature tons of useful nutrition tips and three simple, yet delicious recipes that you will want to make at home.
Ginger Chicken Satay
Rainbow Thai Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing
Pineapple Mango Nice Cream
Tuscan White Bean and Roasted Tomato Stew
Mixed Greens Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Warm Blueberry Crisp
Easy Sheet Pan Baked Fish or Chicken with Broccoli and Lemon (pick your protein)
Roasted Vegetables with Maple Mustard Sauce
Warming Winter Fruit Compote with Vanilla Cashew Cream
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Carrot Salad with Lemon Tahini & Crispy Chickpeas
5-Ingredient Flourless Blondies