The Weight-Loss Support You Deserve
For your weight-loss journey, you deserve the utmost support from experts who have your whole-person health in mind. And that’s just what you’ll find here.
Working in unison with the AdventHealth Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, AdventHealth Sebring brings a surgical weight-loss program to your Heartland community. The surgeon, dietitians, nurses and medical specialists in our program are here to give you hope, confidence and life-changing solutions that work for you.
We’ll guide you through the steps required before bariatric surgery and will continue to support you as you adjust to your new life and improved health.
Is Bariatric Surgery Right for Me?
Combined with healthy lifestyle changes, bariatric procedures can help you lose weight quickly and keep it off successfully. You may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65
- Are not dependent on drugs or alcohol
- Are ready and willing to commit to a new lifestyle
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Have a weight-related condition, such as high blood pressure, heart disease or sleep apnea
- Have tried to lose weight through other means, such as diet and exercise
To determine if a surgical weight-loss procedure is right for you, we’ll look at factors like your age, your medical history, any previous attempts at weight loss, any related health conditions and your body mass index (BMI). We’ll then work to understand which procedure could best meet your needs so you can achieve your weight-loss goals.
Types of Bariatric Surgery Our Team Offers
If you’re looking for weight care options in Florida, the help you need may be right around the corner. Conveniently located in Sebring, our practice offers the latest surgical weight-loss procedures and a whole-person approach to help you achieve your goals.
Leading our bariatric care program, Dr. Latzko works with a team of medical specialists to apply a customized approach for improved well-being, emphasizing education, diet, nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Our team offers the most advanced robotic-assisted and laparoscopic procedures, which mean fewer incisions, less scarring and a faster recovery for you.
Gastric sleeve has become a popular option since it doesn’t involve bypassing the small intestine and has minimal long-term complications.
Gastric bypass reduces the size of the stomach to one or two ounces to reroute food away from the stomach into the first part of the small intestine.
Meet Your Bariatric Care Team
Guiding Your Weight-Loss Journey
We know that weight-loss surgery and other bariatric procedures are life-changing decisions that require extra thought, care and support. Our team will work with you to understand which weight-loss option best meets your needs so you can start to feel whole again.
- Ending Your Frustrations With the Scale
- Improving Your Whole-Person Health
- The Support You Deserve for Your Weight-Loss Journey
Join Our Support Groups
If you’re considering or have had bariatric surgery, our support groups at nearby AdventHealth campuses are here for you to share your personal journey and experiences with others who understand and support your goals. Groups are facilitated by our bariatric coordinators and offer guest speakers throughout the year as well. You decide how much support you need, and we will be here to help you along the way.
Answering Your Bariatric Surgery Questions
- What are the bariatric surgery requirements?
- Which bariatric surgery procedure is right for me?
- What is the cost of bariatric surgery, and will my insurance cover it?
- What are some bariatric surgery risks?
- How long do bariatric procedures take?
- How rapid is weight loss after bariatric surgery?
- How much excess skin will I have after surgery?