Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
HOSPITAL WIND RETROFIT PROJECT
FEMA Project No. 4337-345-R
March 23, 2022
Statement of Qualifications Submittal Due Date:
April 19, 2022
Contact Information :
AdventHealth Palm Coast
60 Memorial Medical Parkway
Palm Coast, Florida 32164
AdventHealth Palm Coast
60 Memorial Medical Parkway,
Palm Coast, FL 32164
Project Background and Purpose
The original hospital was constructed in the early 2000s and inpatient wings were constructed circa 2006 and 2016.
The exterior openings of the original building are not protected by impact resistant glazing systems. As a critical facility, the hospital requires to be retrofitted to current critical facility standards, including new impact windows.
The intent of this project is to protect all exterior openings from wind hazards by replacing all exterior openings with impact-resistant glass and associated glazing assemblies, exterior substrate, and the associated Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS).
The project shall provide protection against 150 MPH winds, or the wind speed protection and impact requirements indicated by the applicable Florida Building Code at the time permits are issued or by the effective Miami Dade Specifications, and all materials shall be certified to meet wind and impact standards. In addition, this project shall be designed and constructed in accordance with the American Healthcare Administration (AHCA) guidelines and regulations.
Seventy five percent (75%) of the project cost associated with this project will be funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) via the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) and will be governed by the terms and conditions for federal grants, including 2CRF200 regulations.
Scope of Work
The Architect/Engineer will be responsible for providing comprehensive design services for this project. The A&E consultant will provide the full scope of A&E services necessary for the design of the AdventHealth Palm Coast Hospital Wind Retrofit Project. This is to include all necessary architectural, design, and engineering disciplines required to complete the scope of work, and all related consultants are to be contracted to the awarded A&E firm. AdventHealth shall have the right of refusal of any consultant or sub-consultant. The A&E firm will interface with existing site conditions. The A&E firm will prepare design documents for review and approval to FEMA and AHCA at 30%, 60%, 90% and 100% of design completion, and assist with the preparation and submission of all required reports, plans, designs, and documents related to review, approval, and compliance with HMGP and other regulatory requirements. The architect/engineer will be a key member of the project team and will participate in meetings, presentations, consultation, and correspondence as required with internal and external project stakeholders.
Tasks to be Performed and Expected Deliverables
1.1 Programming. The selected firm shall support AdventHealth Palm Coast by attending project meetings and participating in design reviews, when presenting proposed plans and cost estimates to Hospital Leaders, FEMA, and AHCA for consideration. This may require a pause in the scheduled design development or bid phase pending endorsement of the information from both agencies.
1.2 Design. The selected firm and its engineering and technical consultants will produce detailed design drawings and specifications consistent with industry standards and in sufficient detail to accurately cost-out and build.
1.3 Cost Estimating. A conceptual cost estimate will be initially produced from the 30% contract document completion phase and be further refined as the drawings are brought to completion. In accordance with the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy guide, cost-plus contracting is not allowable and will not be accepted.
1.4 A&E Deliverables. The selected A&E firm shall produce and deliver to AdventHealth Palm Coast printed drawings and specifications (“Contract Documents”) and cost estimates. Drawings shall be created in AutoCAD in 24” x 36” format. Specifications and cost estimates shall be developed in 8-1/2” x 11” format.
- PERMITTING SERVICES
The selected A&E firm will prepare the necessary forms, drawings, and other documents and will provide them to the Construction Manager, who will be in charge of applying for all required permits to the required jurisdictional agencies on behalf of AdventHealth Palm Coast.
3. PROCUREMENT SERVICES
3.1 Bid Process. The selected A&E firm will prepare the construction bid package in conformance with applicable Federal, Local, and AdventHealth Palm Coast requirements and supervise the construction bid advertising, tabulation, and award process. This process includes preparing the advertisements for bid solicitation, conducting the pre-bid conference, bid opening, evaluation of bids, and subsequent recommendation of lowest responsive bidder.
3.2 Pre-Construction Conference. The selected A&E firm and the selected Construction Manager will conduct a pre-construction conference with the selected Consultant and issue the Notice to Proceed.
4. POST-DESIGN SERVICES
During the Construction Phase the A&E firm and its consultants will perform the following construction administration services:
- Provide construction administration including regular, documented on-site supervision of construction work, facilitate and record weekly construction meetings, and prepare weekly inspection reports that include project status updates (documentation will be supplied to AdventHealth Palm Coast on a regular basis);
- Provide quality control to ensure the Consultant and subconsultants are providing materials, labor, and products consistent with what is identified in the design and specifications;
- Provide quality control to ensure compliance with technical specifications and conformance with codes and recognized industry standards;
- Review and approve all Consultant requests for payment and submit approved requests to AdventHealth Palm Coast for payment processing;
- Provide one complete set of as-built, reproducible plan drawings to AdventHealth Palm Coast upon project completion;
- Perform periodic observations during construction and prepare site visit reports for submittal to the Construction Manager and AdventHealth.
COMMENCEMENT OF SERVICES
Services will/shall commence as soon as can be scheduled. A Notice to Proceed is tentatively scheduled to be issued on April 29, 2022. Design and permitting services as well as the preparation of the construction bid package is expected to be finalized by July 29, 2022, the latest.
NUMBER OF AWARDS
One respondent will be awarded the contract for this project.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF RESPONDENT
The following subsections are required minimum qualifications.
- Respondents that are corporations, partnerships, or any other legal entity, shall be properly registered to do business in the Territory at the time of the submission of their Proposal to this RFQ, or shall attain licensure within 30 days of award of contract. Such Respondents shall attach its license to do business or a copy of its application for a license.
- Neither Respondent nor any person or entity associated or partnering with Respondent has been the subject of any adverse findings that may prevent AdventHealth Palm Coast from selecting Respondent. Such adverse findings may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negative findings from the Inspector General, a Federal Inspector General, or from the U.S. Government Accountability Office, or from an Inspector General in another State
- Pending or unresolved legal action from the U.S. Attorney General or from an attorney general in another State or Territory
- Pending litigation with the USVI or any other State or Territory
- Arson conviction or pending case
- Harassment conviction or pending case
- Local, State, Federal or private mortgage arrears, default, or foreclosure proceedings
- In rem foreclosure
- Sale of tax lien or substantial tax arrears
- Fair Housing violations or current litigation
- Defaults under any Federal, Territory, State or locally sponsored program
- A record of substantial building code violations or litigation against properties owned and/or managed by Respondent or by any entity or individual that comprises Respondent
- Past or pending voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy proceeding
- Conviction for fraud, bribery, or grand larceny
- Listing on the Federal Debarment or State excluded-parties lists
- Respondent has adequate financial resources to perform the contract, or the ability to obtain them.
- Respondent can comply with the required or proposed delivery or performance schedule, taking into consideration all existing commercial and governmental business commitments.
- Respondent has a satisfactory performance record.
- Respondent has a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics.
- Respondent has the necessary organization, experience, operational controls, and technical skills, or the ability to obtain them.
- Respondent has established prior experience in successfully performing the scope of services requested as it relates to wind retrofit projects.
- Respondent and its employees hold and maintain any and all territorial, federal, state, and local licenses or certifications as required to perform the services requested.
- Respondent is otherwise qualified and eligible to receive an award under applicable laws and regulations.
USE OF SUBCONSULTANTS
AdventHealth Palm Coast shall have a single prime A&E Consultant as the result of any contract negotiation, and that prime Consultant shall be responsible for all deliverables specified in the RFQ and proposal. This general requirement notwithstanding, Respondents may enter into subconsultant arrangements, however, they shall acknowledge in their proposal’s total responsibility for the entire contract. AdventHealth Palm Coast reserves the right to approve any subconsultant proposed for the contract.
GENERAL FEDERAL GRANT REQUIREMENTS
This wind mitigation project is funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) under the guidelines and regulations of The Stafford Act, and as such is subject to Federal audit and compliance. Additionally, the final A&E contract as well as any subsequent construction contracts shall include the Federal clauses required by 2 CFR 200 Appendix II. Any funds disallowed by any federal government entity shall be disallowed from fee or compensation to the Consultant.
All proposals must be complete and convey all the information requested to be considered responsive. If the proposal fails to conform to any requirement of AdventHealth Palm Coast, AdventHealth Palm Coast alone will determine whether the defect is significant and, therefore, may not be considered. Only the information provided with the response, addenda, and materials submitted in response to Palm Coast’s requests for additional information will be used in the evaluation process and award determination. Failure to provide all information requested may result in disqualification.
All materials submitted in response to this RFQ shall become the property of AdventHealth Palm Coast and will not be returned. Selection or rejection of this proposal does not affect this provision.
2. QUESTIONS DURING RFQ PROCESS
Interested firms may submit questions during and after the non-mandatory onsite pre-proposal meeting and before the last day for questions per the RFQ Process Timeline, below. All questions shall be submitted electronically with the RFQ identifier to:
AdventHealth Palm Coast
Responses in the form of RFQ Addenda will be issued to all firms who have indicated an interest in submitting a proposal.
From the issue date of this RFQ until a determination is made regarding the selection of a Consultant, all contacts concerning this RFQ must be made through Ms. Margaret Mott, Facilities Department Administrative Assistant. Any violation of this condition is cause for AdventHealth Palm Coast to reject the Consultant’s package.
AdventHealth Palm Coast will not be responsible for any oral information given by any employee. Failure to ask questions, request changes or submit objections shall constitute the acceptance of all terms, conditions and requirements in this RFQ. AdventHealth Palm Coast reserves the right to amend this RFQ at any time.
Any amendments to the RFQ will be issued as written addenda. The issuance of a written addendum by the Procurement/Contract Officer is the only official method by which interpretation, clarification or additional information can be given. If AdventHealth Palm Coast amends this RFQ, the Procurement/Contract Officer will email the addenda to all potential respondents.
AdventHealth Palm Coast will not be held responsible if any potential respondent does not provide current contact information to receive all addenda. It is the responsibility of the potential respondents to update all contact information and contact Ms. Margaret Mott, Facilities Department Administrative Assistant, to ensure that they receive all addenda prior to the submittal of their qualifications package.
The qualifications package will be considered non-responsive if all modifications are not incorporated.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND DUE DATE
Proposals shall be electronically Proposals must be
delivered as a single PDF file to: delivered by:
AdventHealth Palm Coast Tuesday, April 19, 2022
[email protected] 4:00 pm EST
Proposals delivered after this date and time will not be considered
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TIMETABLE
The following are anticipated key dates and times (EST) in the RFQ process:
RSVP for Onsite Pre-Proposal Meeting
Non-Mandatory Onsite Pre-Proposal Meeting
Last Date for Written Questions
Last Date for Responses to Questions
Proposal Due Date
Award Date (tentative)
Notice to Proceed (tentative)
The Non-Mandatory Onsite Pre-Proposal Meeting will take place face-to-face in the hospital premises. Participation in this meeting is highly encouraged to ensure the participating A&E firms’ accurate understanding of the project’s scope of work and grant requirements. To participate, interested firms will be required to RSVP by 11:00 am on Monday, 03/28/22 by submitting a written request to [email protected] . At that time, AdventHealth will provide interested firm specifics details where to meet on Tuesday, 03/29/2022 at 9:00 am.
BID PACKAGE FORMAT & PROPOSAL CONTENT
Proposals shall be typewritten on standard 8 ½” x 11” paper. Pages shall have a one-inch margin and the font shall be 12-point Calibri. Written content of the Proposal must be set at one and one-half (1.5) line spacing. Larger paper (up to 11” x 17”) and smaller fonts are permissible for charts, diagrams, spreadsheets, etc. The mandatory documentation should be organized and submitted as a single file in PDF format.
- Proposer’s Name
- Contact Information
- Mailing address
- RFQ submission date
- Project title
Table of Contents
- Clearly identify all sections referenced below
Tab One: Cover Letter
- Cover letter should be provided on the company’s official business letterhead, if the proposal is submitted by an organization, with contact information. Must be signed by an officer of the organization authorized to bind the company contractually to all commitments made in their submittal. Limit the cover letter to 2-pages.
- The letter should acknowledge the receipt of all addenda.
- State that if awarded the contract, the firm or individual will be solely responsible for all aspects of the engagement including any portion that may be performed by subconsultants, if any.
- Make a positive commitment to perform the work required as specified to industry standards of workmanship and in a professional manner.
- State that the proposal package will remain in effect for a period of 90 days from the submission deadline and thereafter, until the firm withdraws it, or a contract is approved and executed, or the procurement is canceled, whichever occurs first.
Tab Two: A&E Firm Profile (10 points)
- A&E Firm Profile: Name, Mailing Address, Phone, Website
- Number of Years in Business
- Type of Organization
- Description of Services Offered
- Professional and General Liability Insurance Coverage Description
- Proof of Licensure as a State of Florida Business, or in the jurisdiction in which it is located
Tab Three: A&E Firm’s Key Personnel (20 points)
- Provide an organizational chart and resumes for all key personnel and their office addresses. This will include management and technical staff.
- Give brief resume of personnel to be assigned to the project including, but not limited to the following information:
- Name and title
- How many years of experience
- Types of projects
- Size of projects
- What were the specific project involvements?
- Active registration(s) and certification(s)
- Provide all required licenses and certificates.
- Other experience and qualifications that are relevant to this project.
- Describe how the organizational structure will ensure orderly communication, distribution of information, effective coordination of activities, and accountability.
- Provide a statement as to whether the Consultant is a minority business enterprise, as defined in Section 288.703 Florida Statutes.
Tab Four: Sub-Consultants (10 points)
- Name any consultants, or subconsultants, which are included as part of the proposed team. Describe the proposed role of any persons outside your firm and their related experience. List projects on which your firm has worked with the person/firm in the past.
- Provide all required licenses and certificates.
- Provide a statement as to whether any subconsultant is a minority business enterprise, as defined in Section 288.703 Florida Statutes.
Tab Five: Project History (30 points)
Major consideration will be given to the successful completion of previous projects comparable in design, scope, and complexity to this wind mitigation project.
List projects which best illustrate the experience of your firm and current staff which is being assigned to this project. List no more than 5 projects, and no projects which were completed more than 10 years ago:
- Name and location of the project
- The nature of the firm’s responsibility on the project
- Project owner’s representative’s name, address, and phone number
- Project client agency’s representative’s name, address, and phone number
- Date project was completed or is anticipated to be completed
- Size of project
- Cost of project (construction cost)
- Work for which the staff was responsible
Tab Six : Project Approach (30 points)
- Provide a description of the methodology and considerations your firm proposes to employ in the event it is selected to provide the requested services.
- Provide a proposed project schedule
Tab Seven : Required Forms
- Form A: Debarment Certification Form
- Form B: M/WBE Disclosure Form
- Form C: Addendum Acknowledgement
Tab Eight (optional):
Brochure which describes the firm’s services, organization and examples of similar wind retrofit related work completed to date.
NOTE: AdventHealth reserves the right to request professional references in case they are necessary to complete a final evaluation of the interested A&E firms.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
All submittals deemed responsive by the evaluation committee will be reviewed and scored according to the following criteria:
- Firm Profile 10 points
- A&E Firm’s Key Personnel 20 points
- Sub-Consultants 10 points
- Project History 30 points
- Project Approach 30 points
Total 100 points
Refer to Attachment 6 for a sample contract to be modified to suit the project that will be executed between AdventHealth Palm Coast and the selected A&E firm.