Family Size (10 four-oz. portions)
Prep TimePrep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 65 minutes Ingredients
- 1 lb cooked beets (peeled)
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (follow package instructions)
- 3 cups kale (stems removed)
- cup shallots (small dice)
- cup yellow bell pepper (small dice)
- cup red bell pepper (small dice)
- 2 oranges (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- cup toasted walnuts (toasted)
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme (minced)
- teaspoon fine black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- teaspoon salt
Follow the instructions next to each ingredient.
Wash and cut beets, place them in a bake pan, add water to reach one-third of the beets and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes. Let stand uncovered and peel the skin with your fingers and cut them small dice.
Follow the instructions from the package to cook 2 cups of bulgur wheat. Cool down after cooked.
Add cup water into a small pot with a lid and steam kale until bright green approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and cool down, cut into medium bite size. Fold all the ingredients together and add vinaigrette. Nutritional Data
Calories 144; fat 4.1g; sat fat 0.5g; cholesterol 0.0mg; sodium 225.9mg; carbohydrates 25.3g; fiber 4.9; sugar 3.8g; protein 3.6g