Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- cup whole wheat panko*
- cup toasted pumpkin seeds, crushed, or pulse in a food processor three to five times
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon chipotle pepper (ground)
- teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 four-ounce chicken breasts
*Gluten Free substitution - use your favorite sugar-free, gluten-free cereal crushed or use additional crushed pumpkin seeds in place of the panko.
- Combine all dried ingredients together to make the breadcrumbs.
- For basting: Combine wet ingredients together (balsamic and honey).
- Pat dry chicken breasts and baste with balsamic mixture.
- Coat with pumpkin breading, making sure to keep pumpkin mixture dry.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake at
- 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Nutritional Facts (Per 4oz serving):
Saturated fat: 1.2g