Lighting the Way to Wellness
When you don’t feel like yourself, a fast and accurate diagnosis can provide peace of mind and help guide you on the road to wellness. That’s our specialty. AdventHealth Murray, formerly Murray Medical Center, is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Conveniently located in Chatsworth, Georgia, we're equipped with advanced medical imaging technology to help us provide you with a quick and accurate diagnosis — including MRIs, echocardiograms, mammograms, CT scans, and more. We want you to be able to spend less time wondering and more time living.
Because an injury or symptom can affect you at any hour, we’re also supported by Summit Radiology Services, which has board-certified, fellowship-trained radiologists who work around the clock to give you answers to your questions. Trust us to provide the care you need whenever you need it.
With X-Rays, MRIs and More
- Advanced Imaging Services Whenever You Need Them
You want to find a quick and clear diagnosis. At AdventHealth Murray, formerly Murray Medical Center, of Chatsworth, Georgia, we’re equipped with the technology and expertise to deliver both. To provide peace of mind when you need it most, our nationally certified radiology technologists are available 24/7. Advanced medical imaging services we provide include:
- Computed Tomography (CT) — Scans that combine high-tech computer systems and X-rays to produce specialized images of your brain, organs, bones, and soft-tissue structures in a quick, painless and non-invasive procedure
- Echocardiograms — A kind of ultrasound that uses sound waves to produce images of your heart and help us identify any abnormalities
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) — Non-invasive scans that let us see detailed pictures of your organs, soft tissues, bones, and many other structures in your body
- Mammograms — Procedures that detect and examine changes in the breasts to help us catch breast cancer in its earliest stages when treatment is most effective
- Ultrasounds — This procedure takes pictures of the inside of your body using non-invasive sound waves rather than radiation to evaluate your internal organs and visualize your blood flow
- X-Rays — Quick and non-invasive tests that take two-dimensional images of the inside of your body for better diagnosis
- What to Expect From Your Medical Imaging Experience
When you understand what's going on with your medical tests, you can feel more confident in your care. We're here to help you feel empowered in your journey by talking you through each step, before, during, and after your test(s). We’ll start by talking to you about your medical history, any allergies you may have, and even if you experience claustrophobia.
All medical imaging tests are different, and each can take anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. Some tests may require you to wear loose clothing or change into a hospital gown. For others, we may ask you to remove metal jewelry or refrain from eating or drinking before the exam. Sometimes, to get a better look inside your body, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we’ll inject it intravenously. Rest assured all of our tests are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, so you won’t feel any pain, and most don’t require any recovery period.
At every step, we'll make you feel as comfortable as possible, and after your exam we will work to deliver your results with precision and speed. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, visit us or talk to your doctor.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of tests at locations throughout Murray County that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups throughout Georgia for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Murray, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.