In the Comfort of Your House
You’d love to get well and feel great without leaving the comfort of your home. That’s why we’re glad to come to you. The specialized Home Care team at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Health, offers convenient house calls and at-home health care by medical social workers, therapists, home care nurses, chaplains, and more.
The Kansas counties we serve include Johnson, Wyandotte, and parts of Douglas, Franklin, Leavenworth, and Miami. In Missouri, we serve Clay, Cass, and Jackson counties. Our expert home health care services team would be happy to bring hospital-quality care straight to you. Just ask. We’re here to put you first.
From Your Own Bed
- Home Physical Rehab and Therapy
Moving after a hip replacement. Recovering from a stroke. Rediscovering your spirit and strength, little by little. We’d love to make these triumphs easier — and speed them along, the best we can. Instead of traveling for your care when you’re least mobile, we’ll come to you with our at-home health care services. Not only are our home physical rehabilitation and therapy services at your call whenever you need them, they’ve been proven to speed healing and recovery. You’ll have access to speech, physical, and occupational therapists within our AdventHealth network, formerly Shawnee Mission Health. Together, let’s regain your physical strength.
- In-Home Nursing Care
From having 24/7 help at our hospital to recovering on your own at home, that can be a difficult transition. Let’s make this process smoother and gentler. Our Kansas-based home health care services team helps you find balance and stability in your life, assisting you with a range of wellness services from the comfort of your home, including:
- Advanced Wound Care – Sometimes wounds don’t heal like they should. We can help care for wounds caused by diabetes or poor circulation faster and more effectively.
- Diabetes Management – We work closely with you to help you control your diabetes and give you the skills to manage it on your own.
- Disease Education – By helping you understand your disease and regulate your condition, we can prevent future trips to the hospital and increase overall wellness.
- Incontinence Management – In-home help for loss of bladder or defecation control, including catheter administration, bowel programs, and colostomy care.
- Infusion Therapy – With the expertise of our specially trained home care nurses, we can administer medication intravenously, through our home IV therapy program.
- Medication Management/Education – You have a lot to remember. Medications shouldn’t be one of them. We can help you stay on schedule with medications and appointments.
If you think you or your loved one could benefit from our at-home health care services, fill out a Referral Form today to figure out if you're eligible.
- Virtual House Calls
Whenever you need us, we're just a call away. Our new eCare app makes sure of it. For minor health issues like colds or allergies, save yourself a trip to the doctor and reach a board-certified physician or nurse practitioner via video. Through eCare, you can receive a diagnosis, treatment, follow up, and prescriptions for minor ailments, all through secure audio and video and without an appointment. Some of the common conditions we treat through eCare include:
- Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye
- Cough, Colds, Bronchitis, and Flu
- Lower-Back Pain
- Seasonal Allergies
- Sinus and Upper-Respiratory Infections
- Skin Conditions
- Urinary Tract Infections
eCare's virtual doctor's hours are:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
See how easy it is to download, set up, and start using eCare. Watch our Video.
For technical support, contact us at Call 480-739-0077 .
Download iPhone App
Download Android App
- Award-Winning At-Home Health Care
You face recovery with natural resilience. We strive to support your every effort. In honor of our commitment, we’ve been selected for HomeCare Elite, an annual compilation of the top home health care agencies in the United States. This accolade puts us in the top 25 percent of Medicare-certified home health care agencies. As with all of our awards, it makes us happy to know our care is working for you. So keep charging forward with resolve, faith, and good spirits. We’ll match that with our award-winning care.
Keeping You Comfortable as You Heal
We don’t just come to your home ready to offer hospital-caliber care. We come ready to serve with uncommon compassion. Our multidisciplinary approach to Home Care means we tend to all the details, from helping you regain your strength to helping you care for your pets. We connect you with the community resources, local services, and spiritual care you need to feel better, feel whole.