Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
The arrival of October means fall’s in the air and the Orlando Magic are back on the court. Whether you’re a casual basketball follower or a Magic superfan, here’s how to get in the spirit, this preseason and beyond. Connecting with your home team can boost your whole health by connecting you to your community (and the athletes) you love.
Catch Three Preseason Games Here at Home
Unless you’re a superfan dedicated to traveling, you can go to one (or all) of the three out of six preseason games at the Amway Center in October. The first home game at the Amway is on October 11 against the Boston Celtics, and the regular season tips off on October 23 as they face the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Orlando Magic Preseason Game Schedule
Check out the Magic’s six-game preseason schedule.
- Saturday, October 5: @ San Antonio Spurs
- Monday, October 7: @ Detroit Pistons
- Wednesday, October 9: @ Atlanta Hawks
- Friday, October 11: @ Amway Center vs. Boston Celtics
- Sunday, October 13: @ Amway Center vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Thursday, October 17: @ Amway Center vs. Miami Heat
Save your seats today by calling 407-89-MAGIC or visiting the Orlando Magic homepage.
Catch the Magic on Social Media
2. Score a Free T-Shirt on Opening Night
AdventHealth is the official health care provider of the Orlando Magic, but we’re also some of the biggest Magic fans around. This year, AdventHealth is the presenting sponsor of Tip Off, meaning we’ll be the presenting sponsor of all preseason games and on opening night. All fans in attendance on opening night will receive an AdventHealth-branded Orlando Magic T-shirt.
Get your tickets for the opening night home game against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, October 23, at 7:00 p.m. Can’t make it to the Amway on opening night? Nine of the first 13 games of the regular season are home games, so you’ve got some time to see your hometown team score big.
3. See How Your Team Makes Magic Happen in the Community
For the Magic, every day is game day when it comes to making the Orlando community a better place to live, learn, grow and play. If you think it’s impossible to love the Magic any more than you already do, just wait until you see how they’re benefitting the community and the people in it.
Magic in the Community is the Magic’s effort to make health and wellness education a priority in Orlando.
During and after basketball season, the Magic players take time to serve the community in many different ways, including:
- Champions of Diversity initiatives
- Donating autographed items to charity
- Giving over 5,000 tickets per year to at-risk youth
- Speaking to local youth groups
- Participating in basketball clinics and camps
- Player meet and greet events benefitting charity
- Recognizing youth through the CenturyLink STEM All-Stars program
- Recognizing hometown heroes, including Central Florida first responders and veterans
- Running the MAGIC Fit program, educating kids and adults on healthy diet and exercise
A Partnership Empowering You to Feel Whole
As you cheer on the Magic this season, you can feel supported, too, knowing that AdventHealth has your back. As the official health care provider of the Orlando Magic, AdventHealth is dedicated to championing health care in the community. We’re here to support each Magic player — and you and your family — as you thrive physically, mentally and spiritually.
Learn more about your neighborhood’s network of care and see how AdventHealth is teaming up with the Orlando Magic to offer whole-person health care across the Central Florida community.