So You Can Take the Next Step
We live in a world of images. Photographs, movies, and satellites keep us connected, entertained, and informed. At AdventHealth, formerly Florida Hospital Heartland, we use images to detect cancer early, to help heal broken bones, and to capture a picture of your baby inside your womb.
Using the latest imaging tools like digital X-rays, 64-slice CT scans, and innovative nuclear medicine, we’re helping the community in Florida’s Heartland gain greater insight into their health. And we’re empowering you with the knowledge you need to receive safe, effective care. Whether you’re using our Imaging Care for prevention, detection, monitoring, or treatment, we’re here to answer your questions and support you at every turn.
Accurate and Supportive Care
- A Range of Medical Imaging and Radiology Services
When you experience inexplicable pain, when a dizzy spell comes out of nowhere, or when you notice a lump you hadn't felt before, it’s natural to feel concerned. With three convenient hospital locations throughout the Heartland, AdventHealth, formerly Florida Hospital Heartland, is within reach and ready to help.
Some of the medical imaging and radiology services AdventHealth offers include:
- Bone densitometry (DXA) scans measure the density and mineral content of your bones to help us diagnose osteoporosis and predict your risk of fractures.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans can diagnose fractures, tumors, internal bleeding, and diseases.
- Digital mammography uses the latest advances in digital technology to screen for breast cancer more thoroughly and effectively.
- Digital X-rays allow us to transfer and enhance X-ray images of your bones, muscles, and organs.
- Echocardiography is a specialized ultrasound procedure that captures images of the heart using high-frequency sound waves.
- Fluoroscopy is a real time X-ray that lets us identify issues affecting the body’s internal functions.
- Interventional radiology provides minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment for things like blood clots and vascular disease.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans take pictures of the inside of the body. We offer both traditional MRI technology and an ultra-short open bore MRI for a quicker, more comfortable experience.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to evaluate the body’s functions and diagnose diseases.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans examine tumors by measuring the metabolic activity of cells.
- Ultrasounds use high-frequency sound waves to examine your organs and internal structures.
When you know more about your health risks or the cause of your symptoms, you can move forward with confidence. That’s why we strive to offer you the very best in medical imaging at AdventHealth.
- Guiding You With Confidence and Compassion
When you come in for an X-ray, mammogram, Ultrasound, MRI, or other test, you need to know what to expect. So do we. That’s why, before your imaging test, our Sebring, Lake Placid, or Wauchula hospital team will take a few minutes to discuss your medical history, any allergies you have, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
Depending on your individual test, the imaging process may take between 30 minutes and an hour. Before performing the test, we may ask you to change into a gown or scrubs, and we may ask that you remove any metal jewelry and electronic devices. For certain tests, like those involving nuclear medicine, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or radiotracer, which helps give us a clearer look inside your body. Alternately, we may inject this liquid intravenously. There’s nothing to fear, though — your test will either be non-invasive or minimally invasive, which means you can get back to your life, faster.
From start to finish, the team at our imaging center will be here to guide you, answering your questions and moving you through each step with compassion. After your exam, your team will carefully assess each image and try to deliver your results as soon as possible.
When You Need It Most
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.