Treatment Tailored to You
Your vascular system, made up of your arteries and veins, is at the heart of your whole health.
At AdventHealth Heart of Florida, formerly Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, we’re dedicated to helping you feel healthy — and confident — through treatment that’s individualized to you.
Our team of vascular care experts offers comprehensive vein care, from leading-edge treatments for vascular disease to minimally invasive procedures for spider or varicose veins to help you embrace confidence.
Understanding Vascular Conditions and Treatments
- Types of Vascular Disease
Your vascular system is composed of an extensive network of arteries and veins that are pathways for blood and oxygen to travel to your vital organs. Vascular disease is a term for conditions that affect your blood vessels, and may include:
- Aneurysmal Disease: involves artery walls weakening over time, causing bulges in the arteries
- Carotid Artery Disease: carotid arteries in the neck become blocked with plaque, which may lead to a stroke
- Peripheral Arterial Disease: a buildup of plaque forms in the arteries, usually in the legs Venous diseases: involves issues with vein functioning in veins returning blood from the body back to the heart and lungs, including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Spider and Varicose Veins
If you have enlarged, discolored or painful veins just below the skin on your legs, they might be spider or varicose veins. These veins aren’t harmful to your health in most cases, but many people want them removed for aesthetic reasons.
- Spider Veins: caused by the dilation of a small group of veins near the skin's surface and are commonly red or purple sunbursts found on the face and legs
- Varicose Veins: swollen or enlarged veins caused by damage in the vein valves that may appear raised, bulging, or twisted
- Minimally Invasive Treatments
Our vein care specialist uses non-surgical techniques to treat vein disease, including minimally invasive techniques that help you get back to normal activity sooner.
Comprehensive Vascular Surgery Options
Depending on your needs, our highly skilled team can help you heal from arterial or venous conditions through treatments like:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Arterial Bypass
- Endovascular Therapy
Varicose and Spider Vein Therapy
Our vein care experts specialize in techniques for eliminating or closing off varicose veins, including:
- Laser Therapy
- Radiofrequency or Endovenous Laser Ablation: a minimally invasive procedure that uses intense heat to close off and destroy the vein from the inside)
- Sclerotherapy: the injection of saline solution into the vein to cause it to collapse
You Can Count On
From leading-edge vascular surgeries to minimally invasive procedures for varicose veins, our team has your back when it comes to caring for your veins.