During Life’s Biggest Moment
At AdventHealth Heart of Florida, formerly Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, we take great care to make your pregnancy and birthing experience a unique and joyous event. Whether you’re planning to have your first child or adding to a growing family, our services and staff are here to support you as you bring your new baby into the world.
Our dedicated birthing center provides all the services and amenities you need for a safe birth in a comfortable environment. Our caring teams deliver personalized care to you and your baby so you can have the birthing experience you deserve.
To Welcome Your Baby Into the World
- Recognized Labor and Delivery Care
Our expert labor and delivery teams have earned national recognition for their quality care.
Florida Blue has recognized AdventHealth Heart of Florida with a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care designation as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures that were developed with input from the medical community.
We’re honored to be recognized by Florida Blue for excellence in maternity care, and humbled to be trusted with your care during one of life’s biggest moments.
- A Comfortable Environment for Labor and Delivery
The birthing center at AdventHealth Heart of Florida is designed with your comfort in mind. Our dedicated fifth-floor birth center features:
- A designated waiting room for your family
- Baby photos
- Inpatient and outpatient lactation consultation with a board-certified lactation consultant
- Nemours Children’s Hospital pediatricians to provide care for newborns
- One Cesarean section recovery room
- Optional pamper yourself package for moms to treat themselves during their hospital stay
- Secured birthing center
- Two dedicated operating suites for Cesarean sections
- 10 newly remodeled large private labor and delivery rooms
- 20 private postpartum rooms
For more information about labor and delivery services at AdventHealth Heart of Florida or to schedule a tour, please call Call 863-419-BABY .
- What to Pack for You and Baby
Make sure you have everything you need to deliver your bundle of joy. Pack the following items for your labor and delivery stay:
- Birth plan and prenatal records
- Cell phone if you plan to make long-distance phone calls
- Comfortable clothing to wear home
- Copy of your advance directive, living will and medical power of attorney (if you have one)
- Current list of medications
- Driver’s license and insurance cards
- Infant car seat
- Outfit for your baby to have pictures taken in and to wear home
- Personal hygiene items (eyeglasses or contact lenses, comb, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant and shampoo)
- Get Pampered During Labor and Delivery
Have the hospital experience you want and deserve. In honor of this special time, new moms can elect to purchase a pamper yourself package: an option for moms who would like to treat themselves during their hospital stay. To learn more about this package, ask the nursing staff when you arrive or call Call 863-419-BABY .
For the New Love of Your Life
Welcoming a new baby is a wonderful — and sometimes overwhelming — experience. We’re here to help. Our multidisciplinary approach to care ensures you and your baby are fully supported before, during and well after your labor and delivery.
From advanced prenatal care to the most compassionate pediatric teams, count on our network to care for you and your family from birth to beyond. You’ll be there for every step of your child’s care, and so will we.