Your Time and Talents Are Appreciated Here
It takes exceptional people to give freely of their valuable time and talents to help others, and we need exceptional people like you to join our volunteer teams at AdventHealth GlenOaks.
Every effort is made to ensure that our volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience, from the choice of a modern, comfortable uniform to a meal card after a four-hour volunteering shift. We also have an annual celebration and recognition event honoring all our volunteers.
With volunteer opportunities available seven days a week during daytime and evening hours, we can match you with a position that meets our hospital’s needs and your areas of interest. To get started, complete an AdventHealth GlenOaks volunteer application today.
AdventHealth GlenOaks Volunteering FAQs
Question: Who can volunteer at AdventHealth GlenOaks?Answer:We invite anyone interested in our mission to serve our community as an AdventHealth GlenOaks volunteer. People join our volunteer team because they enjoy caring for and helping others, are interested in health care or are looking for ways to give back to the community.Continue Reading
We invite anyone interested in our mission to serve our community as an AdventHealth GlenOaks volunteer. People join our volunteer team because they enjoy caring for and helping others, are interested in health care or are looking for ways to give back to the community.
All AdventHealth GlenOaks volunteers must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Provide proof of immunizations and take an initial TB test
- Be willing and able to dedicate up to two to four hours one day of each week for an initial minimum of 50 hours
Volunteers must accrue a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer time before being eligible to request written proof of volunteering for any reason, including but not limited to court-ordered service and school program requirements.
Question: What kind of volunteer opportunities are available at AdventHealth GlenOaks?Answer:
Whether you're escorting patients to different areas of the hospital, greeting visitors or working behind the scenes in our business offices, your time will be well-spent as a volunteer here.Continue Reading
Our daily volunteer shifts are typically from 8 am to 12 pm, 12 to 4 pm, 4 to 6 pm or 6 to 8 pm (times may vary depending on our departments’ needs).
Our volunteer positions include, but are not limited to:
- General: escorting and transporting patients throughout the hospital
- Clerical/office: assist a variety of departments with tasks like filing, answering phones, typing, etc.
- Hospitality desk: greet and assist patients and guests at our main entrance
- Medical/surgical units: assist nursing staff with non-nursing tasks in the unit
- Music appreciation volunteer: if you are an instrumentalist, you may play music in our lobby to provide comfort and enjoyment to patients and visitors
- Surgical waiting room attendant: serve as the information liaison between surgical staff and the patient’s family
Question: How do I apply to volunteer at AdventHealth GlenOaks?Answer:
Volunteering at AdventHealth GlenOaks starts by filling out an application. Complete an application for adults, college students or teens (16 to 17).