Locations for Louise Owen, MD
AdventHealth Medical Group Diabetes and Endocrinology at Winter ParkDirections to AdventHealth Medical Group Diabetes and Endocrinology at Winter Park 2005 Mizell Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32792
Expertise of Louise Owen, MD
Dr. Louise Owen is board certified in internal medicine and fellowship trained in diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism. She joined the diabetes and endocrine specialists at AdventHealth Medical Group in Orlando from Baylor College of Medicine’s Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Houston. She has a special interest in researching, treating and advancing the standard of care for diabetes, thyroid, metabolic bone, lipid, hypertensive, reproductive dysautonomic and prostatic diseases. Dr. Owen prides herself on bringing the latest techniques in the field of diabetes, endocrinology and metabolic medicine to patients across Central Florida.
Awards & Recognition
- Mayo Clinic Quality Improvement Bronze Award 2011; MD with recognition in research, SUNY Stony Brook 2009; Excellence in Research Award - SUNY Stony Brook 2009; Tow Charitable Trust Fund Grant for Community Service 2002
- Dr. Owen is a subspecialist in thyroid cancer having done extensive training at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
- Care Philosophy
Dr. Owen cares for the whole person and treats her patients like family. She strives to deliver the highest quality, evidence-based medical care she can.
- Areas Served
- Winter Park, FL
- Languages Spoken
- Ages Accepted
Insurances accepted by Louise Owen, MD
The list below is for reference purposes only and is subject to change. Please check with your health plan to confirm that this doctor is included before scheduling an appointment.
- AdventHealth Advantage Plan
- Aetna / US Healthcare - non HMO
- Aetna / US Healthcare HMO
- Aetna Voluntary
- American Healthcare Alliance
- Assurant Health
- Aultcare/Primetime Health Plan