Your Questions Answered
Count on us for the answers you need about COVID-19, the delta variant and more. Read our FAQs, find COVID-19 testing information and download the AdventHealth app for convenient virtual doctor visits from home.
Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get tested for coronavirus? Can I go to the ER for a coronavirus test?
- How is coronavirus treated?
- Do you offer monoclonal antibody treatments? Where?
- How can I protect myself?
- Will the vaccine protect against new variants of COVID-19?
- What are other forms of coronavirus?
- What’s the difference between coronavirus and the flu?
- What are some symptoms or coronavirus? What do I do if I have symptoms, am immunocompromised or have severe respiratory distress?
- I don’t have symptoms of coronavirus, but I’m worried because I may have been exposed. What do I do?
- Do you have enough supplies to take care of patients?
With the AdventHealth App
As we continue to face the challenge of COVID-19, we’re dedicated to keeping you safe. If you're experiencing symptoms of coronavirus or other illness, schedule an online visit through the AdventHealth app to consult face-to-face, in real time, with a real provider. Your medical professional will ask questions to determine if you need a physician’s order for coronavirus testing, and help you with other medical needs. Remember, to help prevent the spread of the virus, avoid the emergency room at your local hospital except in cases of emergency.
With the AdventHealth app, you can also:
- Schedule appointments
- Message your care team
- Access your (and your family's) health records
Stay Updated with the Latest News
Other Available Resources
For the most timely and up-to-date information on the novel coronavirus, use the following resources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services