Central Florida South, — ORLANDO, Fla., June 5, 2020 — From 1 to 1:09 pm today, AdventHealth physicians, nurses and other team members across Central Florida — spanning from Polk to Orange to Flagler counties — took bended knee together in solidarity with other health care professionals across the nation for a moment of silent reflection as part of the White Coats for Black Lives campaign.
The nationwide movement is centered on combatting:
- higher rates of disease among Black communities,
- higher barriers of entry to the health care industry for Black individuals,
- lower rates of Black medical students, and
- the fear among Black individuals to seek medical care.
All AdventHealth team members were welcome to join in kneeling for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in remembrance of George Floyd and countless others. Those who participated maintained social distance, wore masks and were encouraged to share photos as an expression of support online with #WhiteCoatsForBlackLives.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]